Area of Expertise:
- Foreign direct investment into Asia and the UK
- Market entry strategies - Asia and the UK
- Business development
- Strategic marketing and communications
Winnie is the Asia Market Lead at Hawksford. Based in London, she is responsible for helping UK businesses expand into China and the Southeast Asia region, while assisting Chinese and Southeast Asian companies with expanding into the UK.
With more than 10 years of experience in international expansion, Winnie has held different roles within the public and private sector, where she assisted multinational corporations and SMEs on their market entry and expansion needs.
Winne has lived and worked in China and Southeast Asia and is fluent in English, Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien. She prides herself on her good understanding of cultural sensitivity and ways of working with clients in Asia.
- MSc in Public Policy, Merits, University College London
- BA (Hons) in Mass Communications, First Class, Liverpool John Moores University
- Certificate in Public Private Partnership Framework (PPP), Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA)
- Facilitated a landmark deal worth £8 billion from Asian investors to invest in a regeneration project in London
- Awarded Diplomatic Excellence Award from the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) for championing the UK’s expertise in Islamic finance at global level
- Serves on the Executive and Trade & Investments Committees of the British Malaysian Society
- Recipient of the UK Chevening Scholarship 2012
Back to top