Area of expertise
- Financial Intelligence
- Crime Investigation
David is responsible for advising and supporting the company on the identification and reporting of suspicious activity, promoting best practice and ensuring a good understanding of Financial Crime requirements.
David’s career started with Surrey Police in 1987 and included appointments as Detective Constable, Sergeant, Inspector and Chief Inspector. Following completion of the Runge Leadership programme in 2005 (Balliol College, Oxford), he held CID Command portfolios, before transferring to Jersey Police. In 2012 David became Head of the Police & Customs Joint Financial Crime Unit, responsible for Jersey’s Financial Intelligence Unit and Operational Investigative Team conducting proactive and reactive criminal investigations regarding serious fraud, financial crime and money-laundering. As Head of the Financial Intelligence Unit, David sat on the governing body of the EGMONT Group of FIUs, and was the CARIN Asset-Recovery Group Law Enforcement contact for Jersey.
In 2015 David completed training as an international evaluator with MONEYVAL - the Council of Europe Committee of Experts on the Evaluation of Anti-Money Laundering Measures and the Financing of Terrorism.
Qualifications and memberships
- UK Nationally accredited Detective
- Advanced Source Handler / Controller
- National Terrorist Financial Investigation
- Senior Investigating Officer - Crime
- International AML Diploma
- 2015 Law-enforcement lead - Jersey MONEYVAL evaluation
- 2017 Work-stream lead, Organisation, Governance and Finance - Egmont Group ‘ECOFEL’ project