Area of expertise
- Project management
- Financial systems assurance
Eric's role involves developing the Group Enterprise Risk Management framework and managing the policy framework at Hawksford. He ensures staff's compliance with relevant regulatory policies and procedures.
Eric joins Hawksford from Sanne Group, where he was previously Risk Director for two years. However, his career started in Ernst and Young in Jersey and London, where he qualified as a Chartered Accountant. He then went on to work for the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) for nine years in a series of roles, including as Deputy Director of Supervisory Operations, as well as a banking examiner.
In 2013 Eric completed training as an international evaluator with MONEYVAL - the Council of Europe Committee of Experts on the Evaluation of Anti-Money Laundering Measures and the Financing of Terrorism.
Qualifications and memberships
- Degree in Physics
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Diploma in Investment Compliance (CISI)
- Assisted the Jersey regulator (JFSC) prepare for its 2008 IMF assessment (Banking regulations) and led a team of supervisors in preparation of the 2015 Moneyval assessment (AML/CFT regulations).
- Led a team which redesigned the Jersey regulator’s risk based approach to supervising the financial services Industry in Jersey.
- Part of the Risk team at a FTSE 250 listed company which introduced and developed its Enterprise Risk Management framework in compliance with FRC listing requirements.
- Father of four (including three teenagers), along with their assorted pets (including one fluffy dog and one middle aged tortoise)