Areas of Expertise
- Fiduciary, Succession & Asset Protection
- Managed Trust Companies
- Family Office
Michael is a well-respected, skilled personal adviser and trustee with over 30 years’ experience of working with families, young entrepreneurs and the inherited wealthy. He has built lasting relationships with clients, their advisers and intermediaries during his 30 year career.
Michael has extensive expertise in establishing, administering and advising clients on a wide range of specialist structures that include Managed Trust Companies, Private Trust Companies, Family Office services and UK Tax planning. He specialises in advising families on their often complex situations and is routinely involved in seeking to resolve contentious trust situations. He has also implemented solutions for the young aspirant wealthy and those with charitable and philanthropic objectives across an increasingly international client base, and travels regularly to India for work with high net worth non resident Indian families.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Shortlisted for Citywealth's Outstanding Individual of the Year, 2020
- EPrivateClient Top 50 Most Influential Practitioner
- Included in the Who’s Who Legal: Private Client - Trust and advisory list 2018
- Acting trustee of family trusts when communication and informal mediation skills are required with beneficiaries, young and old
- As trustee of a large family of a group of trusts we coordinated the sale of a significant boutique manufacturing business of very significant value. This involved multiple jurisdictions, detailed tax advice and resolution of complex legal issues
- Founding Director of Hawksford and member of the Hawksford Group board
Associated colleagues.Click here to view Michael Powell's associate team.
Back to top