A qualified trust practitioner and lawyer, Michael has over 30 years’ experience establishing, administering and advising clients on a wide range of specialist structures.
Areas of Expertise
- Fiduciary, Succession Structures & Asset Protection
- Family Office
- Managed Trust Companies
- UK Tax Mitigation
He specialises in advising families on complex fiduciary/corporate and families based overseas and is routinely involved in seeking to resolve potentially or actually contentious trust situations. In addition, Michael who works very closely with colleagues in Singapore establishing structures for the Asian communities, advises and implements solutions for the young aspirant wealthy across an increasingly international client base. He has been and remains closely involved with a number of family offices and sits on the board of a number of funds and corporate structures chairing a number of family holding companies. He is also a member of the Hawksford Group board and is one of the director team who was responsible for the management buy-out of Rathbone Trust Company Jersey Limited in October 2008.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- EPrivateClient Top 50 Most Influential Practitioner
- Included in the Who’s Who Legal: Private Client - Trust and advisory list 2018
- Acting trustee of family trusts when communication and informal mediation skills are required with beneficiaries, young and old
- As trustee of a large family of a group of trusts we coordinated the sale of a significant boutique manufacturing business of very significant value. This involved multiple jurisdictions, detailed tax advice and resolution of complex legal issues
- Founding Director of Hawksford and member of the Hawksford Group board
Back to top