Serene brings 10 years of banking, trust, securitisation and corporate structuring expertise to Hawksford and joins the Singapore office from TMF. She has extensive expertise in capital markets, structured finance as well as trust structuring and succession planning for corporate and high net worth individual clients. She also currently sits as a secretary on the STEP Singapore branch committee.
- Working closely with the Managing Director of Asia to drive business growth
- Involvement in business development activities and fostering close relationships with intermediaries and strategic partners
- Working closely with local and global Business Development Teams in sales and marketing opportunities and assisting them in converting pipelines
- Working closely with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure onboarding of new clients and structures meet regulatory and audit requirements
- Ensuring prospects are compliant and fully-on-boarded via an on-boarding process
- Conducting trainings and presentations for local strategic partners and intermediaries in English and Mandarin
Qualifications & Memberships
- FICS Certification
- WMI Advanced Certificate in Trust Services (2013)
- WMI Certificate in Trust Services (2011)
- STEP Foundation Certificate and Diploma in International Trust Management
- Central Law Training (in association with the University of Manchester Business School) (2007 to 2009)
- Diploma in Banking and Finance – Institute of Banking and Finance, (1999 to 2001)
- Banking Certificate – Institute of Banking and Finance, (1997 to 1998)
- Secretary of STEP Singapore Branch Committee 2020
- Committee member of STEP Singapore Branch since July 2018
- STEP Diploma Qualified and FICS Certification
- Obtained Silver Award of Excellence at WMI Advanced Certificate in Trust Services program
- Passed with distinction in STEP Diploma in International Trust Management
- Supported ultra-high net worth families from China, Russia, Thailand and other jurisdictions on their family trusts for the purpose of succession planning.
- Assisted local and foreign high net worth families in setting up single family offices in Singapore.
- Supported various banks and MNCs on their securitization structures for the purpose of bond issuances.
Back to top