Find out more about our Private Client Services
Areas of Expertise
- Family Office & Family Governance
- Private Trust Companies
- Preparation of Wills
- Trusts, Foundations & Fiduciary
Instructed by entrepreneurs and wealthy families on their business and estate planning needs, Marcus has advised institutional trustees on their fiduciary and regulatory responsibilities and brings an exceptional level of legal expertise to the role of trustee.
Marcus is responsible for the overall management and development of the Private Client business in Asia for Hawksford. Marcus has extensive leadership and strategic management skills. Having worked at some of the top private client law firms in New Zealand, the BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Singapore, his broad experience gives him a unique perspective on the private client environment not only jurisdictionally but also to a high level of sophistication. He will drive intermediary and client relationships.
Prior to Hawksford, Marcus had a successful 20-year career as a private client lawyer, working for top tier firms in the private client sector.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Admitted as a solicitor in New Zealand (non practicing), UK (non practicing) and the British Virgin Islands (non practicing)
- Qualified member of Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- As Head of Department, Marcus led Collas Crill's fiduciary team to be a finalist of the International Legal team of the Year category of the STEP Private Client Awards 2012/2013 and again the following year.
- Who's Who Legal recognised Marcus as one of the top ten leading private client lawyers in Singapore and Legal 500 praised Marcus for his 'international experience' and Chambers has recognised him as a leading lawyer.
- Marcus is a regular speaker at international conferences.
- Marcus is an author and a speaker.
Back to top