Business Development Associate - German Desk China
We are looking for a Business Development Associate to build a market position for Hawksford in connection to the German and North European markets for direct investments into Greater China.
- The main responsibility will be to build a market position for Hawksford in connection to German and North European markets(target areas) for direct investments into Greater China by locating, developing, defining, and closing relationships and partnerships with multipliers which originate client referrals.
- Converting leads into Hawksford’s clients by managing the pitching process which unfolds from the initial enquiry and request for information, to the quotation stage and on boarding.
- Ability to introduce and liaise Hawksford to a substantial and relevant portfolio of existing contacts and clients.
- Support the China Sales Team Head in developing strategies to ensure maximum visibility of Hawksford’s brand in the target market that promotes Hawksord’s capabilities and professionals.
- Identifying and organizing events, workshops and publications to sustain and promote Hawksford’s market knowledge in the main target areas and internationally.
- Work with the global business development and marketing team to achieve cross-selling targets with the South-East Asia and European offices.
- Become the go-to person for referrals from our Europe-based teams and existing intermediaries;
- Due to the location of potential clients, the selected candidate must be willing to dedicate communication windows to clients during European working hours while based in China, and able to travel if the need arises.
The Type of person we are looking for:
- Business development experience for B2B in connection to Germany & Northern Europe;
- Expertise and exposure to China FDI and Foreign-Invested Enterprises common needs;
- Degree holder in Business, International Law and/or Management (or equivalent);
- A team player with a self-starter/can-do attitude, strong initiative and proven ability to thrive in a fast-growing organization;
- German mother tongue language is required together with English fluency; French, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian skills as secondary languages considered a plus;
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work to tight deadlines;
- Previous experience with professional & corporate services will be an added advantage;
- Previous exposure to German Trade/Government/Diplomatic Missions in China will be considered as a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and client service skills, especially working with international clients, intermediaries, business owners and C-suite executives;
- Ability to organize and priorities work with minimal supervision;
- Strong computer skills.
This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only)
Back to top