We are looking for a driven and hands-on Human Resources Manager (or known as People Manager in Hawksford) in our People function for our business across China. This position will be working in Shanghai and across our offices in China along with one team member reporting to him/her and reporting functionally to the Head of People (Asia). The People Manager will help to implement HR frameworks to fulfil the business plan in China.
As we are growing our business progressively, this role is critical to support the local expanding workforce in local compliance as well as to ensure the fulfilment of regional and global goals, people initiatives and strategies. The successful candidate should be self-starter who is nimble, able to work in a diversified environment and able to cope in a face-paced environment.
Principal Accountabilities: -
Recruitment & Selection
- Partner with hiring managers on their recruitment needs.
- Develop and optimise sourcing channels to increase talent pipeline and employer branding.
- Participate in the interview and selection process, including managing job offering process.
- Partner with local educational institutions to coordinate internship placements.
Compensation & Benefits
- Coordinate monthly payroll with Finance to ensure monthly payroll is done timely and accurately.
- Monitor the effectiveness of company compensation and benefits schemes
- Manage compensation and benefits projects, like annual salary review exercise, performance or variable bonus administration.
- Participate in annual budget plan to project people related cost.
- Lead the performance management process at local level, including mid- and end of probation review, mid-year review and end of year review.
- Administer the performance management process in accordance with global timelines.
- Partner with managers on development plans and managing people performance proactively.
- Liaise with directors and managers in understanding the People needs for continuous engagement.
- Ensure a positive employee relations environment through strong relationships at all levels.
- Be responsible for new hire engagement to gather feedback and ideas.
- Explore ways to improve people well-being within the business.
- Responsible for full employee life cycle from pre-onboarding, onboarding, offboarding and transfer administration for all people movements
(e.g. new hires, confirmation, promotions, transfers, redesignation, resignations/ terminations etc.)
- Responsible for work pass administration to support people mobility.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation on Day 1.
- Perform exit interviews for all leavers to highlight trends and concerns.
- Provide People advisory service to management and staff as well as keeping the Regional/ Global People team informed.
- Provide timely updates on any new HR policy due to local regulatory changes or global alignments.
- Prepare monthly staff report to highlight people trends within the business
- Maintain a library of job descriptions.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of People data in the HRIS, hardcopy as well as softcopy.
- Generate People report to support line managers in team management.
Other Projects and Initiatives
- Lead and support the development, implementation, and maintenance of local and group wide People projects.
Skills and Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- 5 or more years in a HR Generalist role with at least one year in supervisory experience.
- Well versed in China employment law.
- Proficient in MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Prior experience working in a Professional Services Industry will be an advantage.
- Experience in developing or localising HR processes and practices.
- Experience of working within a medium-sized MNC with a multi-cultural workforce.
- Strong influence, coaching and consulting skills in building lasting working relationship.
- Initiative and the ability to pre-empt issues and challenges.
- The ability to perform effectively and with integrity under pressure.
- Willing to “roll up the sleeves” and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Excel in analytical skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Fluent in Chinese and English for both written and spoken.
To find out more or have a confidential discussion, please email email@example.com
Back to top