UK Probate Services
We can support your application for UK probate where the deceased was domiciled in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, Guernsey or Jersey.
UK Probate (also called Letters of Administration where there is no Will) will usually be required for persons who die domiciled in the UK when the total value of the assets in the UK exceed £5,000.
UK Probate Checklist
We will require the following:
- The original Will dealing with the deceased’s UK assets, if there is one
- If there is no UK Will, a copy of any other Wills in existence
- An original, or certified copy of, the death certificate
- A copy of the bank statement, formal valuation or related documentation to confirm the value of the assets in the UK at date of death
- Our client due diligence form duly completed by the Executor or Administrator together with a certified copy of their passport and proof of address. We have specific requirements for certification of documentation please ensure you read the due diligence form carefully
- If the Executor or Administrator does not wish to appear personally, we will need a Power of Attorney which will need to be signed by the Executor or Administrator in favour of Hawksford Executors Limited to allow us to attend on their behalf. We can draft this document for you
- The relevant Oath that will need to be signed by the Administrator or Executor or his/her Attorney. Again, we can draft this document for you.
We may require further information or documentation especially in completing the relevant inheritance tax forms, should this be necessary. We take care to ensure that each matter is reviewed on a case by case basis and will notify you promptly of any other requirements.
We offer a competitive fee structure and will be pleased to provide you with a fixed price quotation for your application.
The information above is intended to be a guide. Please do not hesitate to call or email us to arrange a free consultation to discuss how we can assist you with your probate application.
This guide should not be considered as a substitute for specific legal advice. It should be noted that the contents of this guide relate only to individuals domiciled in England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.
Will drafting and probate resources
Here are some of our specialists that you can talk to about our Wills and Probate Services.
Back to top