As part of our ambitious growth plans and following MFSC approval, Hawksford will be building a right-shoring capability in Mauritius in support of our global operations.
There will be a range of functional and operational roles sourced in this high growth team, one of which will be a Client Accountant.
This role gives a fantastic opportunity for someone to further develop their career in relation accounting and financial reporting while being part of our growing business.
The main focus of the role will involve completing client accounting tasks (mostly financial statement preparation and ad hoc reporting) of the Hawksford Corporate client’s utilising information provided by the accounting and administration teams. All accounting work is expected to be completed accurately and in line with the underlying transactions utilising the relevant policies and procedures.
The accounting tasks will include:-
- Preparing financial statements for Company’s and Trust’s in accordance with applicable accounting standards (mainly United Kingdom Accounting Standards);
- Period end (monthly, quarterly, yearly, ad-hoc) closing process including prepayments and accrual posting, interest calculations, amortization adjustments, valuation adjustments, and fx revaluations;
- Running and saving financial reports for internal and external (i.e. clients / auditors) including trial balance, nominal ledger, investment schedule, fixed asset registers etc.
- At practical level, the role will be also supporting the following core areas:
- Achieve financial and/or utilisation targets as determined by management.
Such other duties as the management may at times reasonably require
Whilst not an immediate, we expect that the role could grow and evolve over time to allow candidates to also get exposure to broader client accounting and financial reporting.
Required Skills & Experience
- Professional qualification or prior bookkeeping / financial reporting experience is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of accounting software, preferably Jobstream / Viewpoint, and Excel.
- Highly proficient in English (listening, speaking, and writing).
- Flexibility to work within UK time zones to dial in for client meetings in Europe.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Business travel to Jersey (UK) may be required as part of induction training
- High integrity and trustworthiness (to maintain client confidentiality)
To find out more or have a confidential discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org