We are looking for talented and enthusiastic Probate Administrator to join our growing team and assist in providing guidance and assistance to clients in drafting wills, applying for probate, lasting powers of attorney and administration of deceased estates.
|Before you apply:||Five years’ Jersey residency required for this role, as required by Control of Housing and Work (Jersey) Law 2012.|
Principal accountabilities of the roles include:
- To answer the telephone, transfer calls, take detailed messages, arrange appointments and updating fee-earners diary.
- To provide a word processing service including typing and preparing own correspondence, copy typing when required and able to use Excel spreadsheets.
- To administer and ensure the smooth running of various probate matters.
- To deal with probate enquiries and provide guidance to client at an appropriate level.
- To attend meetings with client with director, associate director or team manager, complete file notes, file opening, initial client compliance checks and preparation of client care letters.
- To have direct client contact at an appropriate level.
- To prioritise post received in the morning and respond to telephone calls and emails received alerting team to all important items.
- To use time management to ensure that all tasks are completed within an appropriate period and to keep clients regularly up to date on matters and costs as they progress.
- To deal with all aspects of estate administration to include dealing with estates of Jersey domiciled deceased clients and overseas clients with assets in Jersey needing probate.
- To gather and update details of assets and liabilities in an estate and collect/discharge when appropriate.
- To drafting letters to asset holders, estate beneficiaries and debtors.
- To gather and maintain accurate records of funds received and paid away in the estate to lead to estate accounts being prepared if appropriate.
- To review estate accounts, circulate to residuary beneficiaries and collect acceptances which will lead to estate distributions.
- To liaise with banks, investment brokers, investment managers, intermediaries and third parties during the administration of the cash assets/securities/other in estate.
- To attend and contribute to team meetings.
- To prepare company minutes dealing with probate matters as required.
- To complete as required payment checklists and estate distribution checklists after ensuring CDD requirements have been satisfied.
- To open and close files for wills and probate matters.
- To keep abreast of the changing regulatory environment and new legislation that is being introduced.
- To carry out due diligence on new clients and observe CDD at all times.
- To record all time on the Company’s time recording system and ensure narrative is clear.
- Achieve financial targets as determined by management.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure confidentiality and security of all documentation and information of the business and clients.
Such other duties as the management may at times reasonably require. This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
To find out more or have a confidential discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1534 740000.
Back to top