Area of Expertise
- International capital markets
- Fund services
- Alternative assets
- Structured finance
- Corporate governance
Gavin has extensive experience across a range of asset classes, private and regulated investment structures, funds and international capital markets including the London Stock Exchange, AIM, Aquis and Euronext.
He has significant international experience including Asia, the Middle East and Africa and travels extensively in support of clients’ global activities.
Gavin has a strong corporate governance background and has served as a director on a variety of regulated boards including collective investment schemes, fund management, fund services and trust company licensed entities. He has also served on audit and remuneration committees.
Gavin’s experience sees him leading commercial and strategic initiatives within the group and working alongside Hawksford clients internationally, particularly those with cross border interests from the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Gavin has spoken at numerous international forums and contributes regularly to various international financial publications.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- First class honours degree in accounting and finance from the University of Glasgow
- Serves on the executive committee of the British Malaysian Society
- Was a member of the Jurisdictional Review Implementation Groups for Jersey Funds and Corporate Services, working closely with the Chief Minister’s department and Jersey Finance Limited
- Spoken at numerous international forums in the UK, Europe, Asia and Africa including the Federation for International Taxation in India (FIT India), AFSIC Investing in Africa and the NEX Exchange Asia Roadshow
Back to top