How we treat your privacy and use website cookies
Hawksford is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The information on this page helps you understand how we handle your personal data and what your rights are under the laws that govern this website.
Hawksford Privacy Statement
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.hawksford.com, www.guidemesingapore.com or www.guidemehongkong.com (our "Websites") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this herein.
Hawksford treats all matters relating to personal data with the utmost importance and aims to strictly comply with the requirements of the:
- Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA),
- Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005, and
- any other applicable laws (the “Law”).
Any information or material sent to Hawksford via our Websites will be handled in a manner consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
Hawksford adheres to data protection policies that provide information on how we collect, use or disclose your personal data. If you would like a copy of the policies or have any enquiries relating to personal data, please contact the Hawksford Data Protection Officer applicable to you:
Data Protection Officer for Singapore & Hong Kong residents
If your query relates to data protection legislation in Singapore or Hong Kong or your rights, please contact this data protection officer:
Name: Mr Kishan Singh
Postal address: Hawksford, 16 Raffles Quay #33-02, Hong Leong Building, Singapore 048581
Telephone number: +65 6222 7445
For more information about the PDPA generally, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at www.pdpc.gov.sg.
Data Protection Officer for residents of any other country
If your query relates to data protection legislation in Jersey, the European Union or any other country, or your rights, please contact this data protection officer:
Postal address: Hawksford House, 15 Esplanade. St Helier, Jersey JE1 1RB
Telephone number: +44 1534 740367
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Websites or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
Disclosure of data
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Storage of data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the law.
If you have signed up to receive updates or marketing material and no longer wish to receive such material, please use the ‘Unsubscribe’ or Manage your preferences links we provide. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences and interests (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any marketing displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
All cookies persist until deleted but session cookies expire when you close your browser.
Back to top