Areas of expertise
- Business strategy
- Due diligence
Steve joined Hawksford in 2014 and has worked in several financial and operational roles. As the Group COO, Steve is focused on shaping and communicating our vision, delivering against our strategic aims, and creating one integrated Hawksford with a resilient workforce and an efficient operating model.
Steve plays a key leadership role in the business and is heavily engaged in assessing and building relationships with potential acquisition targets.
Prior to Hawksford, Steve gained 11 years' experience with EY, where he qualified as a Chartered Accountant. During this time, he worked with a range of local and international clients on projects such as constructing risk management frameworks, business restructuring, remediating fund investors, internal audits and ensuring the effectiveness of control environments.
Qualifications and memberships
- ICAS – Qualified as a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- DipIoD – Diploma in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors
- Led the finance team as CFO during the refinancing activities that support the current expansion phase
- Directed the initial implementation of FATCA project within Hawksford
- Led the provision of services to a range of multinational clients during his time with EY, including a restructuring programme for a fund administration provider and a substantial remediation and equalisation process
- Seconded to Asia to lead business operations
Associated colleagues.Click here to view Steve Spybey's associate team.
Back to top