Experienced advisers in the preparation of Wills and the role of executor or administrator of an estate.
We have a team of highly dedicated professionals with years of experience in carrying out the role of executor and the administration of estates involving one or more jurisdictions around the world. This specialised service requires discretion and professionalism at the highest level because by its very nature it is carried out at a time when clients are having to deal with the loss of a loved one.
Our services include:
- A simple fixed-fee Will drafting service for less complex estates;
- Wills drawn in accordance with the laws of Jersey or of England and Wales; and
- Choice of as to face-to-face meetings, telephone, email or postal correspondence.
International Estate Planning
- Single situs or multi-jurisdictional Wills;
- Consideration of foreign Wills to ensure compatibility;
- Advice as to your domicile, how it affects your estate plan and any forced heirship issues; and
- Consideration of the impact of UK inheritance tax on your estate and recommendations to mitigate the tax.
Curatorship and Power of Attorney
- Advice on cross-border structures to safeguard your estate against the risk of future mental and/or physical incapacity; and
- Professional Curatorship services pursuant to the Mental Health (Jersey) Law 1969 and Attorneyship services in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Probate & Estate Administration
- Low £550 fixed-fee fast track Probate service for British Estates - please refer to Obtaining Jersey Probate for further details;
- Executorship service with our Jersey trust corporation (Hawksford Executors Limited);
- Full estate administration services;
- In-depth knowledge of the intricacies of international private law of succession applied practically to achieve successful outcomes in even the most complex multi-jurisdictional matters;
- Advice in worldwide estates, drawing on an extensive international network to co-ordinate the probate process in each jurisdiction;
- Expertise in UK Inheritance Tax law, compliance and negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs to maximise reliefs;
- Preparation and submission of applications for Probate in Jersey or England & Wales, or instructing our agents throughout the British Isles; and
- Advice and implementation of post-death tax-saving and asset protection strategies.
Email [email protected] or speak to any key contact from the right-hand menu to find out how we can help you.