Hawksford is familiar with the needs of clients and businesses seeking Islamic finance solutions globally.
Our Middle East team manage 150 client relationships, administering a wide range of asset classes and Islamic finance structures and transactions.
Hawksford won Islamic Finance Advisory Firm Of The Year at the Corporate LiveWire - Global Awards 2016.
What is meant by Islamic finance or Sharia-compliant services
We ensure that any work we enter into on behalf of our clients is of the highest ethical standard in compliance with Islamic law (Sharia) principles.
These principles prohibit certain financial activities, such as the acceptance of specific interest or fees for loans of money or the investment into businesses that provide goods or services considered contrary to Islamic principles or values.
An increasing number of non-Muslim individuals and business are requesting these services due to the ethical standards involved.
We currently work with clients which have structuring needs in the of regions of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Kuwait and other non-Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.
For institutions, we can provide the directors and officers, including compliance professionals, executive governance functions and a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in support of the establishment and administration of collective investment funds, and other vehicles for raising finance or the investment of capital. Members of our Middle East team are regulated in multiple jurisdictions, including Qatar, Jersey, Guernsey, Cayman Islands and Singapore, to ensure we can offer up solutions that offer the best global regulatory regimes for Sharia-compliant finance transactions.
Who would find these services useful?
Clients, advisers and intermediaries (including banking, legal and tax advisory professionals) who are seeking:
- Experienced experts in the establishment of and administration to Sharia-compliant trusts, companies and foundations',
- Structuring of Sharia-compliant residential and commercial real estate transactions and associated Sharia financing arrangements,
- Corporate and capital market issuance vehicles including Sukuk (Sharia-compliant bonds) creation and administration, listing of securities and specialist investment structures,
- Provision of Sharia-compliant financing and accounting requirements as part of asset administration,
- Support towards tailored cross-border transactions, administration and investments, including investment into the UK, other western markets, or increasingly into the Far East.
A recent example includes our work with a prominent GCC bank, assisting them and their client with the rollout of their Islamic finance offering by way of diminishing Musharaka.
What Sharia-compliant services do we offer?
- Corporate planning and administration,
- Provision of experienced professional corporate trustees and directors to listed Sukuk and securitisation structures,
- Registered agent services for a number of locations internationally
- Sharia-compliant financial reporting and bookkeeping (Islamic accounting),
- Access to the best Islamic scholars, Sharia-compliant finance professionals and service providers, insurers and financial institutions,
- Family office - a single point of contact to manage the wealth of large Muslim families, family governance, financial/investment education and Islamic philanthropy co-ordination.
Members of the Hawksford team are approved by the Qatar Financial Services Centre Regulatory Authority (QFCRA) and have experience in the creation and administration of a wide range of structures where full Sharia-compliant financing and\or Islamic accounting is required.
Hawksford, with operations in many of the world's leading offshore and onshore investment locations, provides robust yet innovative commercial and practical financial services that give clients a gateway into Western and Eastern financial markets. In particular, London is quickly becoming an international capital for Sharia-compliant/Islamic finance products and services; the proximity of Jersey to this hub of activity makes us well-placed to support clients wishing to locate some affairs there.
What do our clients say?
"Daniel Hainsworth's understanding of client needs in the GCC is second to none and he is always willing to go the extra mile for his clients. Daniel is a Trustee in the true sense of the word" - Client of Hawksford, 2015
Email [email protected] or speak to any key contact from the right-hand menu to find out how we can help you.