Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
Jersey Probate Services
We can support your application for Jersey probate where the deceased was Jersey domiciled.
Jersey Probate (also called Letters of Administration where there is no Will) will be required for persons who die domiciled in Jersey regardless of the value of the assets.
Jersey Probate Checklist
In order to assist we will require the following documentation:
- The original Will dealing with the deceased’s Jersey assets, if there is one
- If there is no Jersey Will, a copy of any other Wills in existence
- An original, or certified copy of, the death certificate
- A copy of the bank statements, valuations or related documentation to confirm the value of the assets in Jersey
- Payment of the Probate Court fee. Once we have details of the value of the assets in Jersey we will confirm the value of the fee. This fee is calculated on a sliding scale and is based on the value of the net estate in Jersey as at the date of death
- If the Executor or Administrator does not wish to appear personally, we will need a Power of Attorney which will need to be signed by the Executor or Administrator in favour of Hawksford Executors Limited to allow us to attend on their behalf. We can draft this document for you
- The relevant Oath that will need to be signed by the Administrator or Executor or his/her Attorney. Again, we can draft this document for you
- Our client due diligence form duly completed by the Executor together with a certified copy of their passport and proof of address. We have specific requirements for certification of documentation please ensure you read the due diligence form carefully
Once all the above information has been collated we will attend at the Probate Registry in Jersey with or on behalf of the Executor or Administrator to make the application for probate. It is following this appointment that a Jersey Grant of Probate is issued.
We offer a competitive fee structure and will be pleased to provide you with a fixed price quotation for your application.
We may require further information or documentation depending on the circumstances of the case. We take care to ensure that each matter is reviewed on a case by case basis and we will notify you promptly of any other requirements.
Once the probate application has been concluded we are able to assist with estate administration services to assist in paying all debts, calling in the assets and distributing the estate. This is a separate service that we can provide and would be happy to discuss in greater detail.
The information above is intended to be a general guide. Please do not hesitate to call or email us to arrange a free consultation to discuss how we can assist you with your probate application.
This guide should not be considered as a substitute for specific legal advice. It should be noted that the contents of this guide relate only to individuals domiciled in Jersey.
Here are some of our specialists that you can talk to about our wills and probate services.
Back to top