Ready to apply?
IT and Operational Services - Associate Director
We are looking for an Associate Director to plan, coordinate, and direct all daily operational activities of the department and provide direction and solutions that enhance business-critical operations.
|Before you apply:||Five years’ Jersey residency required for this role, as required by Control of Housing and Work (Jersey) Law 2012.|
The type of person we are looking for:
The IT and Operational Services AD is an executive-level manager who directs strategy, operations and the budget. The post holder will direct and coordinate the Global Operations Team based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that deadlines are met consistently.
• Effective management and the development of the team within the operations department in a productive manner with an emphasis on staff empowerment, development and performance appraisal.
• Provide leadership for the operations team by building and motivating team members to meet business goals and objectives, prioritising workload and tasks to meet day to day operational need and deadlines.
• Collaborate with the wider business managers and departments, restructuring where necessary business activities to increase speed and efficiency and establishing a culture of continuous business improvement.
• Manage projects, supervising, planning and managing staff time effectively to achieve project objectives. Ensure project plans are established and maintained.
• Manage the European infrastructure resources, including drafting and executing the budget, working within the agreed budget and identify savings and efficiencies throughout the budget lifecycle.
• Optimise the costs of organisation wide infrastructure and application services through an appropriate mix of internal and external resources.
• Work with the GCTO to develop and agree the over-arching IT strategy globally and to develop and implement tactics and objectives to deliver that.
• Establish security architecture and implement procedures and controls that ensure that information and data are secure and protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company's data and servers.
• Develop, implement and direct the company's information technology security program, consistent with policies that support business objectives and requirements.
• Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information.
• Ensure we meet the Data protection standards across our global offices.
The knowledge and skills required:
• Experience in business and IT operations
• Integrity and high professional ethics
• Demonstrated leadership and project management experience
• Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable
• Familiarity with computer security systems
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to communicate effectively with the highest levels of management and decision-making within the organisation
• Adequate self-awareness and confidence to acknowledge knowledge gaps and seek to fill them from reliable sources
To find out more or have a confidential discussion, please email email@example.com
Back to top