Ready to apply?
Senior Manager, People Team
The incumbent will support in the delivery of the People agenda, to include but not limited to, recruitment, reward, training and development, talent management, general staff administration and employee relations.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a Professional Services organisation is essential.
- Experience within a multijurisdictional organisation would be highly desirable.
- Proven track record in managing change, managing a team and delivering pragmatic and commercially focussed solutions to meet business objectives.
- Perspective beyond any specific functional responsibility, vision and ability to work positively within a team.
- Drive and commitment and the ability to demonstrate this to others.Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to develop effective, sustainable partnerships.
- Selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, leadership.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the role.
- Willingness and ability to act as an ambassador for Hawksford.
- Commitment and interest in the objectives of the wider business.
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability; innovative thinker and ability to focus on issues requiring action.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and energetic.
- Support in the definition and review of People strategies to ensure alignment with business objectives and the company culture.
- Oversee the incoming and outgoing workflow of the local People team, with a view to ensuring prompt, effective, and where appropriate, pro-active responses to internal client needs.
- Delivering the management of advice and guidance, as required, to staff, including training, coaching and development when necessary.
- Provide guidance to directors, various boards and managers on all staff related issues.
- Provide People input on budgets, manpower planning and productivity as required with a view to determining the resource needs of the Asia businesses in the short and medium term.
- Drive the people integration agenda for merger & acquisition activities across Asia.
- Control of all recruitment procedures for permanent, contract and temporary staff from initial decision through to satisfactory completion of probation, to include application for work permits / visas where applicable.
- Manage and supervise and embed the Group Performance & Development Review scheme throughout Asia. To include regular review of the documentation used, procedure, collation of information and acting on issues raised.
- Conduct annual performance & development reviews for team members and set objectives in line with the Company’s stated objectives.
- Initiate and maintain all policies and procedures impacting on the People section of the staff handbook.
- Manage procedures for the provision of staff benefits and ensure the appropriate internal dissemination of information.
- Support the Global Head of People in the delivery of the annual salary review to include undertaking market research, analysing relevant salary surveys, make recommendations based on analysis of data and oversee the preparation of correspondence to inform staff of any salary changes. Updating all corresponding information systems accordingly.
- Support the Head of Learning and Development to drive management and leadership development and create a culture of continuous learning. Identify skills gaps and professional development needs to meet current and future requirements. Help in the organisation of any training events. Ensure that the global induction programme is embedded across Asia.
- Ensure compliance with data protection legislation relating to employee data.
- Keep up to date with developments on regulatory issues / changes that affect the business and ensure compliance always.
- Counsel and advise staff on all matters in a confidential manner and provide guidance and support in conjunction with management where applicable.
- All other People related tasks and processes that are reasonably requested of the job-holder by the Global Head of People, Directors and Board members
This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only)
Back to top