Our employee-led approach to corporate social responsibility empowers our people to make a real difference to causes they believe in.
When it comes to corporate social responsibility (CSR) at Hawksford, we are small enough to let our employees raise their ideas and voices but large enough to support them and make a genuine difference.
From individual and group challenges through to large fundraising events, we support our staff to facilitate their own personal goals for the benefit of the wider community. We offer financial and logistical support to staff to take on personal challenges in aid of charity, meeting entry fee costs for individual and corporate teams, and co-ordinating wider staff involvement. We also help to promote employees’ fundraising achievements and charitable efforts.
Hawksford employees regularly enter teams and take part in may of the island's annual activities including the Collas Crill Island Walk, Swimarathon, Jersey Marathon, Dragon Boat race for Jersey Hospice Care, Silkworth Challenge and It's a Knockout Challenge.
5 highlights from the past 12 months
- Over £2500 raised in the 3 Peaks Challenge for Durrell Wildlife and Mind Jersey
- 90% staff involvement in World Health Day raising awareness of and support for Jersey Diabetes
- Around 60 bakers have contributed to charity bake sales including the Greatest Coffee Morning raising £534 for MacMillan Jersey and sweet treats in aid of the British Heart Foundation, Jersey and Jersey Action Against Rape (JAAR)
- 5 Hawksford teams took part in the Collas Crill Island walk
- 16 staff across our international offices have registered to donate blood in the global MissingType campaign with donations to the blood donor suite at Jersey Hospital, the Children's Cancer Foundation in Hong Kong and the Bone Marrow Donors Programme in Singapore. Read the full article here >
What our staff say
"I've taken part in a charity pedal-cart race, the Swimarathon and It's a Knockout challenge, as well as the annual MacMillan great coffee morning - donning my Hawksford t-shirt and raising funds as part of a team gives me the most wonderful feeling of pride to represent an amazing company that makes me feel like I am part of a family"– Sharon Le Brocq, Company and Trust Administrator
"Having recently moved to Hawksford from a large institution where support for local charities was quite significant, it is humbling to see that smaller companies like Hawksford also contribute in such a generous manner, both with their time in participating in fundraising events and by parting with their hard earned cash. Hawksford has a presence at most, if not all corporate charity events locally and I am glad to be a part of such a giving team"– Jason Boyle, Senior Company and Trust Administrator
"The three peaks challenge was an amazing group effort and I’m not sure I’d have managed to complete all three mountains with such a big smile on my face if it had not been for the camaraderie and laughs we all share as colleagues." – Ryan Crawford, Investment Analyst